SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test
SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test
- Testing an acute infection with SARS-CoV-2
- fast results within 15 minutes directly on site
- CE-certified and approved in Europe
from 14,- € (price graduation on request)
The rapid antigen test – long been a topic of discussion, now finally mature. Within minutes the rapid antigen test can detect whether a person is infected with the coronavirus or whether they are infectious. The current gold standard of acute testing for COVID-19 is the PCR test. It is still the most accurate test procedure to date, but unfortunately the wait for a result usually takes days and the test capacities are already heavily strained.
Rapid tests can provide much faster results, they are carried out directly on site and the result does not require expensive laboratory equipment.
- Optimal for a first screening test result or area-wide testing.
- High sensitivity (96.52%) and specificity (99.68%).
- Approved for use by trained medical personnel (Professional Use).
With the testing strategy we propose, a false result can be avoided in a very high number of cases. Through a 2-step process, post-testing with a PCR test is recommended in individual cases to check the results of the antigen test.
Differences PCR test vs. rapid antigen test
- Gold standard in acute testing of COVID-19
- Result means after a few days
- detect the ergot of the virus
- Test capacities limited due to personnel and laboratory
Antigen Rapid Test
- Acute testing of COVID-19
- Result after 15 minutes
- detects the virus (proteins thereof) itself
- Test capacity not tied to personnel or laboratory
Package contents* per test:
- 1x Test Cassette
- 1x sterile swab for throat-nose-swab
- 1x extraction buffer container
- 1x dispenser cap
- Instruction manual, brief instructions
*Package contents may differ from the illustration, depending on the manufacturer.
How does the test work?
1. Sampling via throat-nose-swab
2. Extraction of the sample material in the extraction buffer container
3. Apply the mixture to the test cassette
4. read the test result after 15 minutes
The concept of rapid antigen testing will not replace PCR tests entirely. However, wherever a result cannot be waited for days and speed is far more important than accuracy, a rapid antigen test is the number one choice. A combination of both methods is also conceivable. In most cases, a rapid antigen test and symptom detection can determine with sufficient accuracy whether a person is likely to be infectious or not, thus preventing further infections. Sometimes a PCR test should be performed to rule out infectivity.
With the testing strategy we propose, a false result in a very high number of cases can be avoided.
In most cases, a rapid antigen test plus symptom query can determine with sufficient accuracy whether a person is likely to be infectious or not. Thus further infections can be avoided. By a 2-step process, post-testing with PCR tests is recommended in individual cases to check the results of the antigen test to exclude infectivity.
In the following cases persons should be retested:
- Antigen test was negative, BUT person has relevant symptoms AND prior contact with an infected person
- Antigen test was positive, BUT the person does not have relevant symptoms AND has not had any previous contact with an infected person.
In our portfolio we have the antigen tests of several manufacturers. During an interview we will evaluate which test is the most suitable for your use and will also inform you about the price range.